The Association of Challenged People, Meghalaya is a voluntary organisation started in the year 2003 by a group of person with disability. We work towards promoting rights of Person with Disabilities in Meghalaya. Our main aim is to uplift and take progressive measures for the benefits of the Person with Disability. Our activities comprise of:
- To assist Persons with Disabilities in their Physical, Medical, Educational, Financial or other needs without out distinction of caste, creed, race or religion.
- To act as a law being group in advocacy, ensuring the rights of P.W.Ds through implementation of the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995 and United Nations Convention on the Rights for Persons with Disabilities
- To associate with similar associations having same objectives
- To create awareness by collecting and disseminating information among the members and to the public in general
- To promote Disable People Organisation (DPO) through Community Based Rehabilitation
We work towards this by forming a Network of Disabled People organization:
- To assist P.W.Ds in accessing their basic human rights through advocacy and lobbying and collaboration with N.G.Os and Government Activism
- To use activism as a tool in accessing basic human right when other measure fail
- To Create sustainable livelihoods for Person with Disabilities and their families through inclusive programme.
- To facilitate the Education "Pre - Primary to Post graduate and technical and formation of Person with Disability so that they can reach their full potential
- To create joint net work within the State of Meghalaya, Regional, National and International