Bethany Society is a not-for-profit, secular, registered, charitable Society established in Mendal, East Garo Hills, Meghalaya in 1981, under the vision and inspiring leadership of Sister Rosario Lopez.
We dream ...
Of an earth fully alive, wherein everyone enjoys fullness of being.
We work towards this by ...
Forming partnerships with people, communities and resources so as to create opportunities which empower, enhance dignity and lead to security of health, food, livelihoods, and shelter in a sustainable manner.
We work with ...
People in vulnerable situations such as persons with disabilities, children, youth and women living in extreme poverty, particularly those residing in remote rural areas.
We work in ...
Northeast India and the major focus of our interventions is in Meghalaya.
We value ...
Excellence, collaboration, interdependence and networking in furtherance of our dream.
Our strategy is ...
- To organize programmes on disability which are inclusive, barrier free and rights based, using the Community Based Rehabilitation (C.B.R.) approach
- To create sustainable livelihoods, particularly among rural communities, through application of appropriate technology and promotion of micro-enterprises
- To develop an attitude of stewardship towards the earth, and our diverse stakeholders
- To create and join networks for greater impact.
- Meghalaya Societies Registration Act. SR/BS-223/81 of 1981
- 214250065 of 1987 under F.C.R.A.
- 707/12A/CA/'87-'88 under sec 12A(a) of I.T. Act
- Registered under Persons with Disability Act 1995