In Meghalaya, the office of the Commissioner for persons with Disabilities has been established in the year 2003 vide Notification number S.W. (S) 69/2001/122, dated 11.8.2003.
As per 2011 census, the State recorded 44317 Persons with Disabilities with 23326 male Persons with Disabilities and 20991 female Persons with Disabilities.
Light After Dark - My Vote My Right (Assessible Elections)
List of N.G.Os. Working for Persons with Disabilities
- Agency for Sustainable Development Initiatives
- Asha Rehabilitation Centre
- Association of the Challenged People
- Bethany Society
- Dwar Jingkyrmen School for Children in need of Special Education
- Ferrando Speech and Hearing Center, Ri Bhoi
- Khasi Disabilities Association
- Meghalaya Parents Association for Disabled (M.E.P.A.D.)
- Montfort Centre for Education Tura
- Society for the Welfare of Disabled